Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rain Harvesting


Since I lived  here in the US, I haven’t really experienced the loss of supply of water. If the water will be shut down, there will always be a notice at our door saying the exact time that the water won’t run. I don’t even take note of it because it is just usually about two hours and in the middle of the afternoon.
I remember when I lived in the Philippines and my landlady would collect water from the rain because there was a water crisis going on in the city at that time. It would have been better is she used one of these rain barrels instead of just a regular pail.

I think rain barrels are a great idea for rain harvesting so we can save water for later use. This water can be used to water the plants, clean the driveway etc. I know water is cheaper compared to electricity but if there is loss of water, everyone if affected. I’ve been there many times before and it was hard. At this time, I don’t have an outdoor space to collect rain but this is something I would do in the future if I ever move out of a condominium unit and have some outdoor space.

Thank you simplyrainbarrels.com for letting me write about rain water barrel once gain. This post is brought to you by their website.

2 comments:

Dressing Up For Me said...

Happy Valentines, Ces! San ba ang date ba mamaya? ;)

jyothisethu said...

in india also people do the same and the government sponsors half of the cost in some areas...

visited the link and it is interesting...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails