Thursday, September 8, 2011

The life of a contractor

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder

My husband works as a general contractor, and the early 2000s were great for us financially. However, the last few years have been pretty difficult, as my husband’s healthy income has been cut by almost 40%. I truly believe that the economy will pick back up, and I know Mike is working hard to make sure we are ok even in these difficult times. We sold our boat about two years ago, and we have drastically cut back on our spending on entertainment. We go on more modest vacations and have started to travel less during the holidays. We recently switched to fixed-rate energy at TEXASELECTRICITYPROVIDERS.COM. We have several friends who have recently made the switch, and they said that over the long haul, we will save some money if we switch. We have also tried to eliminate the cost of things like internet and cable by going with cheaper packages or providers. We are still doing alright, since I continue to work full time as an elementary school nurse. I know that I could probably get another job that pays more, but I love what I do. Hopefully my husband’s business will pick up soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails