Saturday, September 3, 2011

I Cook But I Burn

I saw a recipe similar to this from another blog (I forgot the name) and I made a post about "Layer Your Food" before so I tried recreating it in my own version.  



See my eggplants are so burnt, I had to peel top burned part with my fingers. I used an eggplant which is more rounder in shape and cut them as you can see in the picture. I believe this one is called the American eggplant and the flavor is very gentle. I covered them with egg and bread crumbs. I think it is better if you will just use starch which we don't  have right now.



I used a baking pan to place the cooked eggplant so the oil will be dripping on it. Then I layered it first with mayonaise, then spinach, cheese, bacon jam, and minced tomatoes.


I had to try the smallest one. I don't like cheese to overpower the flavor so I only put half the slice on mine and I put  whole slices on some because my food taster loves cheese so much.


It was good. The bacon jam did the trick on this one (based on my food taster's opinion). I got it for free in exchange for a review. Here is my post about it, Skillet Bacon Jam but I believe you can use those bacon bits that you can buy at the grocery store or probably the real bacon will do too.

I'm linking with Simply Link Delightfully Inspired , Nifty Thrifty ,Real Food Wednesday ,Let's do Brunch and Full Plate Thursday




Please don't forget to enter my giveaaway, it's open worldwide. http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/2011/09/beanie-designs-review-and-giveaway.html

10 comments:

EJ said...

still looks good!

ana said...

This looks delicious! I'll have to try this out... and yes, definitely go to the mall. It's labor day weekend!

ChicSassyMom said...

Hi Ces! Looks good! :) And by the way I love your new blog header. RC is super adorable! :))

Mom Fashion World said...

Ang sarap naman!
Ginutom tuloy ako.

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Ola said...

they look delicous, I like eggplant very much!

Chef in Training said...

oh wow! this looks delicious!

Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

France@beyondthepeel said...

It's always nice to find eggplant recipes!

Miz Helen said...

What a great eggplant recipe. It looks delicious and I can't wait to make it. Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

What a lovely idea! This is a great idea for eggplant, and it really looks tasty. Thank you for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch. I've chosen it as one of my features for my post tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

Chaya said...

Hi, I see April has chosen to feature you tomorrow.

Since you received the second most views, I am happy to also be featuring you.

I love this recipe and brought home eggplant, from the store, today. Thanks for giving me a good dinner recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails